Review of FIT Scheme Must Support Companies Investing In The Future
February 07, 2011
Leading UK small-wind turbine manufacturer Gaia-Wind Ltd responded to the coalition’s review of the Feed In Tarrif (FIT) scheme. Managing director Johnnie Andringa said:
“The review of the governments FIT scheme is welcome but must, as a priority support companies investing in the future. We particularly welcome DECC’s recognition of, “the need to give industry added certainty to invest”.
“Gaia-wind is bringing jobs, investment and expertise to the UK and with other companies in the sector we are building a high-end manufacturing and distribution industry.”
For further information call Martin Paterson on 0141 248 5204 or 079207 15345
Notes to Editors
- Gaia-Wind Ltd is a manufacturer of world leading high performance Small Wind Turbines, servicing farms, large residences, small businesses, and public buildings. The company has offices in Glasgow and Denmark, and has appointed distributors in England, Ireland, Italy and the US.
- The company has almost three hundred turbines installed worldwide with a combined operational time of some nine million hours.
- In 2009 more than 60% of Gaia-Wind products were for customers outside Scotland, in 2012 that will have grown to 80% of which more than 40% will be exported outside the UK.
- Click here for a demo of the unique two bladed Gaia-Wind 133-11kW turbine
- Listen to Johnnie’s interview on BBC Radio 5 Live Drive on the subject.
Please add a comment
Leave a Reply
Got an enquiry about a news article, press release, or event?
Contact Gaia-Wind today by calling +44 (0) 845 871 4242, or email us for more information.